Hello all, welcome again.
In previous article i explained – Part-1: Why HTML5 is far better than HTML4.0? today i am going to explain more on Enhancement of HTML5. there are some other points and enhancements of HTML5 which i am going to explain in this part.
This enhancement is very helpful, HTML5 providing application cache feature – with help in a way like we can rub web-based applications offline. Developers can use this feature to specify resources that browsers are repeating on page load, Application cache store some files which are repeating in all pages and it enables to load for offline users.
Application cache load those files when user going to refresh the web page during offline.
Benefits of Application cache are :
- Speed: that are storing some repeated files in local so it takes less time to load.
- Reduced server load: browsers only download that files which are new or updated on server.
- Offline browsing: user can access web application or website when they are offline.
Geolocation in HTML5, Used to locate User’s current location. Geolocation API is used in HTML to get the geographical position of a website user. But without permission of end-user, we can not locate it. The position of user is not available unless the user allow it.
Geolocation in HTML5 desplay below information.
- Up-to-date local information of user
- Showing Points-of-interest near the user which user want to check
- Turn-by-turn navigation to check place or get some places
All Media Element
The media elements, great feature of HTML5. Now with the help of media elements we can play our audio files, video files on web pages from our own server. Till now, we are playing videos with help of iframe. But now we can play that from our web server.
HTML5 giving us great player with controls, we can also implement custom button as a control of that player. There are two types of media we can play on web page which listed below with details.
- <audio>: use to define sound or music / audio content on web page
- <embed>: use to define containers for external pages or external applications on web page
- <source>: use to define sources for <video> and <audio> elements on web page
- <track>: use to define tracks for <video> or <audio> elements on web page
- <video>: use to define video / movie content on web page.
Daily Improvement in Enhancement
Nowadays, there are lots of improvement coming in HTML5 and as we all knows world growing in speed that we cannot measure. HTML5 also improves on daily bases and there are more features and advantages are improving that.
Recently, there are some more points are added in HTML5 like: Material Design, Polymer.